Monday, October 31, 2011

Door decorating champion

Every year my office has a door decorating contest for Halloween.
The prize? A full day off. PAID.

I didn't play last year because I was the new girl and I really had no idea what to expect.
Let me just say that my office goes all. out.

I scrounged for ideas this year, and with a combination of ideas from a variety of friends, (thank you!) I came up with a winning entry.

It started with this....

Jacob's clothes stuffed with newspaper.

With the addition of this...


and it turned into this....


And would you believe it- 

I won!!!!!!


Note: the yarn had to be added after the first day because my intern fell during the night.
After a night of tossing and turning, fearing that the duct tape wouldn't stand, my worst fears materialized.
I came in and he was crumpled on the floor.
One very panicked phone call to Jacob (who helped me put him up) and some yarn kept him up until voting.

But our IT guy came back into the office the night before and found this.....

blogger is being weird and won't rotate this.
and it terrified him.
In an empty office in the dark, this would be freaky.
When I saw this picture I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.
 

Even better: they hosted about 30 job interviews in that room the next day.
Thankfully, my door served as sort of an ice breaker.
I'm happy to help in anyway I can.


Now I have a whole day off to use before the end of the year.
Any suggestions on how I should spend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to respond to any comments/questions. Please leave your email along with your comment so that I can!